A favorite back in my college days, this was the fastest way of making chicken, besides making chicken soup. This is basically the soy sauce version of the baked lemon pepper chicken wings, but much faster to prepare.
- 6-10 whole chicken wings (wings and drummettes intact)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- black pepper
You can marinate this 30 mins-1 hr before you want to bake it. Allow 30 mins for total bake time. If you know that you’ll be cooking this for dinner, make sure you prepare this first before you start anything else!
*I usually just eye ball these measurements… so don’t worry about following the recipe super accurately. The chicken can only soak up so much of the marinade within the 30 mins-1hr anyway.
1) Prepare Marinade: Place the garlic, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil in a tupperware. Sprinkle some black pepper in as well (amount depending on you). I personally like it more peppery, so I add a good amount. Mix the marinade.
2) Prepare Chicken: Cut and separate all the wings and the drummettes. Place them in the tupperware mix around a little to have them soak in the marinade. Leave it for 30 mins (while you prepare other things in the kitchen).
3) Bake: Preheat oven to 350F. On a baking pan, put foil over it and place the wings in and all of the marinade in. Put the pan on the middle rack in the oven. Bake for 25 mins on 350F. Then turn the temperature to 400F for another 5 mins.
If you’d like to marinate the chicken wings the night before instead, then I would put a little less soy sauce.